Friday, April 8, 2011

Reflection on using a blog for class...

Reading Blogging for ELT and Weblogs for Use with ESL Classes has made me consider using a blog with my Writing 2  students. As  stated in the former article, the project will stimulate out-of-class discussion, increase the sense of community in the class and, consequently, build a closer relationship among students. Nowadays, there is the process-writing approach we do in the classroom. Students who miss classes when we have peer-feedback sessions don’t have the chance to share their ideas later on. An online portfolio would be perfect. They would go online to read and make comments at their pace. That would be a real process-writing approach. Because their work will be there for everyone to see it, students would have the real need to polish it.

I also liked the idea of the Project Work. We could, for example, have partnerships with other binational centers, as suggested by Gil, from CCBEU.  That would be great!

I remember when I was a teen, I used to have penpals from different coutries. That helped me a lot! Now, with the internet, this interaction can be cheaper and more efficient.

I especially liked the author's blog, where we have a record of his blogs. Interesting to see this unlimited universe of blogs!  

Action:

1 - I’ve talked to my supervisor and chances are I’ll be able to implent this idea.
Still waiting for authorization.

Helô 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helo,

    You have come up with some very, very exciting ideas. I'm so glad that you are in this course!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete